Friday, May 21, 2010

Surprise surprise

I was searching for a thing when I suddenly bumped into my old diaries. Very old diaries. Earlier I had never taken the opportunity to go through them but today I felt like it. As I was going through some of the things I had written, I was struck by the fact that I have grown up so much!! I couldn't believe some of the things I had written there. I was SO naive! Reading them now almost feels like reading a diary of a girl I used to know. I also realised that the girl has transformed and suddenly remembered what a professor had said about transformation. That, whenever transformation takes place, a change occurs, but the 'form' remains. It is so true. I mean as much as there were things that have no possibility of happening now, there were some things which continue even to this day. But what was ok many years ago is not OK today. So that was a reality check. Suddenly the perspective that I was lacking for some days was back on track. I guess, sometimes it is useful to take a breather, to turn back and measure the length of the journey so far. It is SO worth it!

2 comments:

Kunal said...

yeah..you are right..
Success or failure..like Life itself is a journey and NOT a destination.

Srirupa said...

sometimes a destination is also required.