Saturday, March 13, 2010

'Amar chhaat'

Every evening, when the sun has set, it is time for me to make some tea and go to my terrace. Its the best time of the day for me, where I can relax and think. I have always managed to come back with a clear head .Basically, if  there's anywhere in the world I find complete peace...its my terrace. It does not have the best of views, it does not overlook the city or greenery, rather a very busy and noisy street runs below, with the autowallahs engaging in their daily squabble (out of sheer boredom or out of habit.. hard to tell!), the cars always trying to overtake each other, very strong street lights blinding my eyes etc. etc.. However, from my favourite angle you can see the jadavpur thana and the south city apartments... not a very pleasing view but it's so amazingly comforting. There have been times when my parents had thought of covering the terrace with a tin roof to ward off the heat, or enclosing the area for some work purpose that they had even tried to bribe me with a swing ( the big wooden ones, where you can lie down)!! Wow.. I so wanted the swing, but not at the cost of the open uninterrupted sky! If the sky is blocked then whom will I throw my questions at?? No way.. decided. For some time now I have been thinking of having some kind of lighting arrangement there so I can read there.... bhabte hobe...

2 comments:

darkling said...

this post has the quality of a comfy pillow....reading and creating a space in ur mind where u just wanna relieve it all....

Srirupa said...

its actually my comfort zone :)