Thursday, January 28, 2010

keys to imagination


Sometimes I wish if I cud control my imagination..just manipulate it and make it work for me or do things that are 'right'. I get these weird 'strokes' of imagination out of the blue. I am like everyone else, at least that's what I like to believe, I have had a normal life, a normal beautiful life, wrapped up with wonderful memories. I can do just fine with the life I have got. But no! things had to be a little different. Take music for instance, can you find anyone in this world who doesn't appreciate music? hard to find, I know. You listen to music, you find a track that you really like, and it becomes a part of your life for a few days. This much I can afford..but I cant understand why do I have to be transported to a new world suddenly, all because of some music, a particular sentence in a book, a long forgotten picture, an abandoned house, early mornings [ that is when i am awake the whole night], RAIN, even an advertisement! That is when I imagine, with no end to it. it is surreal.. and when I am there, I have no spiritual connection with anyone...and trust me, it is scary. It also makes me think of it as a reason for my lack of connection with most people. Why is spiritual connection so damn important for me?? Why can't I be satisfied with the normal things, like flowers, money, movies, music, people? Instead I get caught up in the scent of a flower, the worth of money, the thought behind a movie, the soul of the music and the emotions of people. It is so hard to come back from there. I don't know, maybe i need to 'grow up' a lot more. I sincerely wish it is the reason behind this.. and I grow up and out of this.

4 comments:

darkling said...

seriously,u r not the only one...and it is QUITE normal....i think we just want to escape from the reality sometimes and consciously do so.

Srirupa said...

thats the problem...if it was a conscious attempt i think i cud hv manipulated it..

Unknown said...

Feel blessed.. that u have that key to get out when locked up.. from where no one else can.. the normal clan u r taking of.. use the key to lead out others too occasionally!

Srirupa said...

hmmm :)